
I just have to brag a little bit about my awesome big brother Casey. He has been training for the Iron Man St. George for about the last year or so. Little did he know, his first Iron Man would be the second hardest, Kona being the first. But he is kickin butt! I thought he was cool for finishing in the Lake Powell Tri back in 2008, but since these pictures below he is a few pounds lighter and completely shredded! I haven't seen him since January, but I hear he looks ROCKIN! He has worked really hard for this and I am DYING that I can't be there to support him. I remember watching an Iron Man on TV once and thought those people were CRAZY... and now my big brother is competing in one!
I've been tracking him here: http://ironmanlive.com/tracking.php?race=st.george&year=2010 ALL day. Its pretty cool that I can know where is at every mile. I think right now he is about 50 miles into his 112 mile bike. He did awesome in his 2.4 mile swim and now has a freaking marathon ahead of him!!!! Casey's good friend, Scott Belnap from California is competing as well. Scott competed in the Arizona's Iron Man, and talked Casey into doing this one. Scott's cute family are all staying at my parents home in St. George with my family. All the kids have made signs for their daddy's for when they finish each course. Team Kel-Bel!!!
Thanks to my mom for keeping me updated... This was right when the swim started!

Way to go Case... Wish I could be there to cheer you on! GOOOOOOD LUCK!! And GO TEAM KEL-BEL! {Keller-Belnap!}
UPDATE...
Scotty cheerin' on dad!

Running the marathon!

Carsen showing true IRONMAN support!!

2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, & a marathon later... He is an IRONMAN!! Just under 13 hours! Way to go Case! We are SO proud of you! Love your guts!
2 comments:
Way to go Casey! That is amazing! Seriously, any time I read about marathons or ironmans or whatever, I get seriously choked up. What an amazing thing to accomplish! You have an awesome family Steph!
That was such a fun day!! Wish you could have been there to cheer him on with us! Yes... your brother is a stud! And I get to be married to him!!!
Post a Comment