1.06.2009

Love you & Miss you Grandpa JJ...

My sweet Grandpa passed away yesterday morning in Bountiful. So I just wanted to let him know how much we love him... Thank you for being such an amazing person, husband, father and grandfather Grandpa JJ... We love you and will miss you always, until we meet again!!! Families are Forever...

Christmas day, he was doing better than ever. He just wanted to talk, laugh and eat cherry pie! I feel that it was his Christmas Present to us being able to talk and laugh with us that day. What a perfect memory...

Dad, mom and Grandpa right after he had his favorite... CHERRY PIE!! He hadn't eaten anything for a while, but when we mentioned cherry pie... His eyes lit up and said, "Cherry Pie... oh yeah, I'll have some cherry pie!!"

Halloween 2008...

They absolutely adored each other...

This was back in May, my little sister and I took Grandpa JJ out on a lunch date to visit Grandma in the hospital...

My Grandpa's funeral was on Jan. 9, 2009. It was a beautiful service. I am so happy I have the gospel in my life to know that I will see him again... Until We Meet again Grandpa JJ! We love you and miss you...

His burial was beatiful in Elsinore, Utah...

My Uncle Dave played the bagpipes, and my cousin Brandon played the drums while bringing in the casket. It was awesome!

My beautiful Grandma Flora in the wheelchair was so strong for us today! She holds us all together...

8 comments:

Stacey Sargent said...

oh Steph your grandpa is so cute!
And you're the one who told me. On my giveaway post! We might be going to that body worlds thing too on Friday. Have you been?

Unknown said...

im so sorry! love you!

Haskell's said...

Steph!! I am so sorry. I know how painful it is to lose someone you love, but at the same time somehow i don't know how someone helps you feel peaceful. I am so happy you had that tender mercy of having him for christmas. I know how special and important those memories are. You and your family are in my prayers.

Dee Dee said...

What a sweet Christmas memory you'll have of your adorable grandpa. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss though. You and your family are in my prayers! Love you!

Jensen Family said...

Steph~
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa! He looks like such a sweet, sweet man! How lucky you and your family are to have been able to spend such a special holiday with him. And the fact that he was able to eat his favorite Cherry Pie is the best! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! I sure hope everything else is going great with you and Colby.

Travis Sadi and Taiya said...

Steph I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. But it looks like he lived a wonderful life and was very loved! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! Love you.

Ashley said...

Steph, I am so sad to hear about your grandpa. What a cutie! I am so sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!! Love you doll!!!

Natalie Carver said...

Steph I am so sorry that you lost your grandpa! I really know how you feel, my grandpa passed away on Jan. 7th I am so sorry for you and your family! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Dont you just love memories....and pictures to capture all of those memories!
Love ya